Sunday 30 September 2007

Morvannec F1 Press Release

Morvannec F1 Driver Press Release
Team Principle - Elof Valantor

Morvannec F1 has made changes to it's driver line up. Team principle Elof Valantor has confirmed that the teams contract with driver Gregory Morrissey has been terminated to make room for the teams promising youth, Mylio Silvanos. This is what Elof Valantor had to say.

"Well it's been known within the team for some time now that Mylio was going to get a drive soon. All of the drivers knew that with Mylio being the teams youth driver that a time would come when things would have to change. The decision was clear for me, and if I'm honest I have had this change planned for a few seasons now. Dante is leading the championship. There was no question of his staying with the team. Kirk is an experienced tester and would not be replaceable by Gregory, who hasn't been focused on testing for x many seasons. Therefore we had to part ways."

So the Morvannec F1 driver line up now stands as follows.

Drivers (Morvannec F1 does not employ team orders, use of driver numbering is purely for classification)
Driver 1 - Mylio Silvanos
Driver 2 - Dante Jimenez
Test Driver - Kirk Lassiter
Youth Driver - no youth driver

Mylio Silvanos has been with the team since he was 14. Picked up whilst still karting Morvannec F1 has funded his career to date, mostly in GP2, regarded as the best formula to learn the trade, but also the most expensive. Mylio is certainly a highly talented driver, and the team has an extensive training program lined out to further improve on his talent. We were able to have a few words with Mylio himself.

"It's fantastic. I've been waiting for this moment for so long. I feel I've been ready for this for two seasons already, but the rules state you have to be 21. I know I'm at a disadvantage joining the race line up four races in, but seeing the cars performance this year I think I can bring myself into contention for wins, maybe even the championship! But most of all I'm here for the fun of it. I love racing, and I'm going to prove that."

"The team and Elof have been really good to me. They've funded me through GP2, something I could never have done on my own, and I've become very confident in my abilities. The team have given me a training program that at this time is set to last for almost seven seasons. The team and I want to see just what I'm capable of."


We asked Elof about Mylio. Why the team chose him, what things he's impressed the team with.

"Well one I made full commitment to the sport I began to pay attention to the GP2 series, but I wasn't very impressed with what I was seeing, so I instead got a team of scouts together and targeted karting championships. We found Mylio fairly early into the scout program. He was part of a small karting outfit that had entered a few kids into the UK's national karting championships. His on track performance was impressive, but what really made him stand out was the way he connected with everyone in the team. We kept an eye on him and approached the karting organization he was racing for. After that there were a few meetings, some phone calls and a decision was made. Everything after that is simple. Training. We kept him in karting to start with, but quickly realized that we weren't fully unlocking his potential, so we moved him straight into GP2."

"During the last three seasons Mylio has been attending test days and building up a strong relationship within the team. He has driven the car last year and this year and has really impressed us. If I had to make an estimate, which I know you're about the press me for, I'd say Mylio is about an extra 20-25% faster than any driver the team has had before."

"I must say I am very excited about what the next seasons hold. Mylio is a very quick driver, and he's only going to get quicker. Morvannec F1 has never had a driver of this caliber before, so it will be very interesting to see how Mylio performs. All I can say is, fellow rival teams, beware!"

No comments: